Fruits are a fantastic source of antioxidants and nutrients that naturally brighten your skin. Learn how to do fruit facials at home with these simple DIY tips.
Fruits are an excellent source of vital nutrients that can help you stay healthy and fit. They can also improve your skin tone and overall appearance. Citrus fruits like lemon, orange, and lime, as well as fruits like papaya, avocado, banana, pomegranate, grapes, berries such as blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, kiwi, tomatoes, and mango, are all great for promoting healthy skin. Plus, if you don’t want to spend time and money on a facial at a salon or spa, you can easily do a fruit facial at home with these simple steps. Check out this comprehensive guide for a detailed lesson on how to give yourself a spa-like fruit facial at home and get a radiant complexion.
What are the benefits of fruit facials?
Here are some of the potential benefits of fruit facials explained by Cosmetologist and Trichologist Dr Priti Mahire.
- Nourishes and hydrates the skin.
- Reduces blemishes and pigmentation.
- Moisturises the skin.
- Improves overall skin health and appearance.
- Removes dead skin cells.
- Cleans your skin.
- Gives shiny, radiant and glowing skin.
- Much cheaper than store bought products.
- Contains no harsh chemicals or preservatives.
- It is pure and has toxin-free ingredients.
How to do a it?
Here’s a step by step guide on how to do a fruit facial at home:
1. Cleanse your skin with a face wash.
2. Exfoliate using a fruit scrub. You can use dried orange or lemon peel powder. To this add milk cream, and massage this DIY fruit scrub in circular motions on damp skin for 5 minutes. Then rinse it off. This will help remove the dead skin cells.
3. Take steam to unclog the pores
4. Apply a fruit face pack. You can use any of your favourite fruits, mash them, and apply the paste, or use any one of the mentioned above. Apply on the face and neck, keep it for 20 minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
5. Moisturise your skin with a good moisturiser.
6. Shield it up with the sunscreen to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays.
What steps do you need take before and after the fruit facial?
- Before: Make sure you clean your face with a face wash. Cleanse your skin thoroughly. Also, remove all the makeup if any.
- After: Do not forget to apply the moisturiser and sunscreen post-facial. Do not use makeup immediately. Do not exfoliate skin for 2-3 days after fruit facial.
Also Read: These 10 homemade fruit face packs for winter can make your skin glow!
6 fruit facials for beautiful skin you can try at home
Here are some of the easy homemade fruit facials explained by the expert:
Healthshots Inner Circle An exclusive wellness community for women
1. Orange fruit facial
Oranges are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, so this fruit facial will help clear uneven skin tone and give you a glowing complexion. For this, mash orange and make pulp. Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric and 1 teaspoon of honey, mix it well. Apply this to your face and neck, keep it for 20 minutes, and rinse it off.
Select Topics of your interest and let us customize your feed.
2. Banana fruit facial
Banana is packed with vitamins A, C, B6, and potassium. This facial makes your skin look flawless. For this, mash a ripe banana and add one tablespoon of honey and one teaspoon of turmeric, to make a paste. Apply on the face and neck, leave it for 20 minutes and rinse off. Use this two times a week for best results.
Also Read: Heal with banana peel: Learn these skincare tricks for a natural glow up
3. Papaya fruit facial
Papaya contains vitamins A, and C and also an enzyme called papain. This helps in reducing dark spots. Mash half a cup of ripe papaya. Add the whisked egg white to this. Apply on the face and neck and keep it for 15 minutes, then wash it off. This facial even helps in tightening your skin.
4. Kiwi and avocado fruit facial
This facial helps to replenish your skin with antioxidants, brighten dull skin, and keep skin moisturised. Take one avocado and kiwi and squeeze the pulp. Mash it till it gets a creamy paste. Apply this for half an hour and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
5. Strawberry fruit facial
This is best for oily skin and also works for dark spots. Crush 4-5 strawberries and add one tablespoon of honey. Apply it on the face and neck, keep it for 15 minutes, and then wash off with cold water.
6. Watermelon fruit facial
This gives an intense moisturising effect to the skin. Take half a bowl of watermelon and make a smooth paste. Add one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of almond oil. Apply this to the face and neck, keep it for 15 to 20 minutes, and then rinse off with water.
Are there any side effects of fruit facial?
There are little to no side effects of doing fruit facials at home but still, not every fruit suits your skin. Not using the right proportions can give you reactions. Doing fruit facials too frequently can harm your skin. Some fruits if mixed with the wrong ingredients can disrupt the skin pH, says the expert.